Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sunday, August 18: Finisterre

What a lazy day!  


That's my laundry hanging from the balcony of the albergue. 


I got some lunch at Mac Dous again, eggs, fries, steak and salad for €7. 



Then I headed to the beach where I spent a good part of the day collecting sea glass and laying in the sun. 


As I was collecting sea glass two little girls started following me, stepping in my footprints in the sand. I led them merrily around the beach. Tiny steps, giant steps, zigzag and spiral steps, the little girls laughed as we danced along the water's edge. 


After a long siesta back at the albergue I headed out to search for a little something for dinner. I wasn't really that hungry though. I went back to Mac Dous and ran into Nicolette from Italy who was going to meet up with some Spanish friends if I wanted to come along. We picked up Tomas from Germany along the way. Her Spanish friends, who's names I forgot, were sharing a huge platter of seafood, two types of crabs, razor clams, barnacles, mussels... However they had no idea how to eat the crabs. Even though I am allergic I demonstrated how to clean one then quickly went and washed my hands. We all were amused by how I won't eat the seafood but I know how to catch it and clean it and they who love seafood don't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment